A New Age Manual for the New Mother
“The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that heals.”
After childbirth, we are at the threshold of a new beginning. A new life is about to begin, and we want to make the right choices…
I desire for every mother to make confident and informed choices for herself and her child at the onset of life. This would lay a holistic foundation in terms of health, relationship and wellbeing in years to come. Above all, I want to inspire motherhood in the modern woman.
I sincerely hope this book will serve to crystallize and preserve such holistic wisdom at a juncture of time when we need a balance between the new and the old. I wish for this manual to be a reliable companion to a new Mom, gently guiding her with love, assurance and humor as she embarks on a beautiful journey.
This could be a legacy you and I could pass on to our daughters and granddaughters, a wonderful tribute to motherhood.
Welcome to Holistic Motherhood in the New Age! – Excerpt from the book
The book is distributed by Asia Books/ Bookazine
A New Age Manual for the New Mother integrates the holistic healing wisdom of a 5,000 year old natural healing system, with modern medical practices and lifestyles.
It comes complete with awareness of holistic principles, illustrations of baby massage, self-massage showing marma (key energy) points, glossary of common herbs and therapeutic applications in common ailments, an essential nutrients chart, postnatal recipes for Mommy and Baby, metabolic-type quiz and guidelines, holistic dietary guidelines, tips on being an eco-friendly mother, and a lot of practical information and wisdom to help steer our choices towards the holistic way.
Dimple Duangthip Arora introducing the book on NNT News, anchored by Cholaphansa (Hunny) Narula.
“Thank you to Dimple Duangthip Arora and her wonderful book, A New Age Manual for the New Age Mother, for these great natural healing remedies check it out guys, especially those of u with children. Highly recommended!” – Cindy Sirinya Bishop, Actress and Super Model, and a Mother of two.
Index of Contents
Foreword by Dr. Anjana Sachabudhawong
- A Word from Me to You
- A Word on Ayurveda
- A Word on the Healing Potential of Herbs
- A Word on Homeopathy
- A Word on Infant Vaccinations
- A Word on Allopathic Medication and Supplements for Children
- A Word on Oral Antibiotic Drugs for Children
Section I: Holistic Child Care
- Caring with Love and Awareness for the Newborn
- Baby Massage and Scrub
- Baby Hygiene
- Natural Dental Care for your Child
- Holistic Awareness of Diet & Nutrition for your Growing Baby
- Support and Boost the Immune System
- Natural Remedies for Common Infant Ailments
Section II: Holistic Postpartum Mother Care
- The Spirituality of Motherhood
- Loving Postpartum Care for the Mother
- The Postnatal Restorative Period
- Achieving Health & Balance Postnatal
- Rejuvenative Postpartum Diet
- Herbal Teas for the Postnatal Mother
- Vital Postpartum Body Works
- Body Oil Massage
- Body Cloth Wrap
- Herbal Steam Bath
- Body Scrub
- Emotional and Psychological Care
- Mindfulness of Lifestyle Measures
- Natural Remedies for Common Ailments in a Nursing Mother
- Being Gentle on Mother Earth
- Metabolic-type quiz and guidelines
- Twenty Attributes
- Holistic Dietary Guidelines
- Simple & Nutritious Food Recipes for Mom and Baby
- Glossary of Common Herbs
- Essential Nutrients and their Common Food Sources
- Local Resources for Holistic Healthcare
- References & Further Reading
- Index of key words
- About the Author